If you are new to this site a good place to start is here.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Amazing

These last two weeks I have been constantly amazed by the outpouring of concern and love for Addison. I am astounded by the many comments and genuine concern that we have received from people who have never met Addison. It is reassuring to know that many, many prayers are being said on her behalf and that so many loving people are keeping her in their thoughts.
I have been pretty good about being strong, well except on her procedure day but isn't that a given, through all of the appointments and discussions. But then when people show so much concern and love for Addison I just can' t suck it up anymore. Today was one of those break down days. I went to the post office and found a package from my childhood friend Gena's mom Pat. Inside the package I found two tiny "wee blocks" quilt blocks Pat had made, she's a fabulous quilter, and such a kind touching note.

"...here is my long distance plan to let you know our prayers and positive thoughts are with you. Each week you will receive a "wee" block in the mail to bring cheer and smiles. At the end of 18 weeks of successful chemo there will be 18 "wee" blocks hanging on the wall...mail them back to me and I will "build" a celebration quilt for Addison not to remember the bad days but all the love and good days."

So there I was standing in the Post Office crying. Needless to say I whipped on my sunglasses when a guy came next to me to sort through his mail. Thank you Pat for brightening my day a little more. We can't wait to see the next "wee" block.
I just want to say thank you to the many, many individuals who have expressed concern and love for Addison and our family. It helps us feel like we are not going through this alone.
Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Man, Brooke! That is SO neat! And Betty's gone squishy?! I LOVE it! That is so hilarious! I can't wait to hear the progress next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will make it through...because you have to. It will be hard at times but feed off of all that outpouring of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment! She is BEAUTIFUL! Her eyes are huge and stunning! If you lived here, I'd take pictures of her and totally capture every ounce of beauty she has! Keep taking pictures of her. Keep being proud (because you SHOULD be!) And, yes...it will be over soon. But even so...I'm learning so much more about hidden beauty and finding it! So much in these readers too!

    ReplyDelete